7+ years’ work experience; or, graduate degree with 5+ years’ work experience. Licensure is a plus.
The successful candidate will have a professional degree in architecture.
This position requires:
• An ability to undertake design work for discerning clientele – from space planning to the focused craftsmanship of bespoke detailing;
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills for use in an interactive design team environment;
• Experience managing and coordinating the work of a consultant team;
• An understanding of all phases of a project, from conceptual design through construction;
• Technical expertise in Revit; fluency in AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe Photoshop and In-Design; and,
• Proficient at hand drawing with refined writing skills.
This position provides the opportunity for growth and advancement.
For consideration, please submit your resume, work samples including hand graphic skills (not to exceed 5 MB in PDF format), and salary requirements, directly to Human Resources by mail or email. In the subject line of your email, please have it read, “Resume, Architect / Project Architect,” and indicate the New York office location. Salary commensurate with experience.
This position is currently available in our New York office. We are looking for an ambitious, talented and self-motivated individual to join the Hart Howerton team. The individual will be managing, designing and building high-end residential and luxury hospitality projects at multiple scales.
The Architect / Project Architect will work as part of an interdisciplinary team, providing creative design for clients requiring the firm’s unique perspective for their challenging projects. Responsible for managing the production of designs, presentations, and working drawings while coordinating necessary personnel and firm resources. Maintain relationships with clients, organize a work flow, structure proposals and fees, and lead a team.
Our Benefits: Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
Retirement Savings Plan: 401(k) and ESOP/Pension
Discretionary Year-End Staff Bonus
Paid Time Off (PTO) and Annual Holidays
Professional Development Program/Funds
Healthy Living Wellness Stipend
“Entourage” – Team-Member Travel Program